cant connect 2nd pc wirelessly

harsaphes

Supreme [H]ardness
OK for years i have not had a problem with my household wireless. Main pc, llinksys router...2nd pc in another room..no problems. Now because i had to connect a new cable modem, and i set up a new wep key i cannot get the second computer to connect. I keep getting a message that the connection is excellent but it cant find the internet?...i have tried using a wireless bridge, which i have used before and still no go.....if i use the linksys software for the bridge it doesnt see the network, and the gigabyte connection sees the network but i get the above message?..any ideas?...i have entered the new web key and also tried entering the settings manually.
thankyou

well still cant connect....im using a wireless g usb network adapter...says...you are connected to the access point but the internet cannot be found.....and ideas?...its seeing the router in the other room but i have no connection.

ok under network connections it says my local area connection is unplugged?..intel gigabit network...?..thought clicking on that says its working...

ok so now both 1394 connection is connected
and the local area connection is connected and i still cant connect with the browser.....

ok so now both 1394 connection is connected
and the local area connection is connected

That's the firewire port..which XP/Vista can use as a network adapter..sort of...and you can disable that if you're not actually using firewire for your network.

You didn't have to change the WEP key for your network..when just swapping out the modem. But...why are you sticking with old pain in the butt to setup WEP? Why not go with the much easier WPA, also more secure, less overhead.

Back