cant browse websites!!

jonneymendoza

Supreme [H]ardness
Hello, have been having problems with my network. It seems that I cant browse the internet at all but can log onto chat programs such has skype and msn messenger. I can also download stuff from p2p programs as well.

I have 3 desktop pc’s connected to my netgear wireless broadband router(DG834) (Ethernet), and a laptop. All 4 computers cannot browse the internet at all using internet explorer or mozila firefox. 2 of my computers have sp2 installed while the other 2 only have sp1.

I also have zonealarm firewalls running on all pc’s and has been running successfully for months using this firewall so I don’t believe that’s the problem here but you never know.

One of my desktop computers can access websites for about a minute then suddenly it stops working again.

Hope u guys can help me out 

Without more info, only a guess, but since you can use IM apps with no problem, but not get to any 'net sites....

If your router doesn't use DHCP to get an IP from your ISP (you put a static IP in yourself) check the DNS numbers.

HTPC Rookie said:
Without more info, only a guess, but since you can use IM apps with no problem, but not get to any 'net sites....

If your router doesn't use DHCP to get an IP from your ISP (you put a static IP in yourself) check the DNS numbers.

:eek: could this be my same problem? (look a couple posts down)

yea it has a dhcp thingy like u said, anywaz i woke up this morning and for some reason its working fine now, must be something wrong with the broadband service last nite

Comcast had DNS server problems in our area a couple weeks ago. I'm hoping it was because they're doing the free 3 to 5Mb service upgrade. Fixed itself quick as it went down.

Back