Can't break 228ish HTT stable - DFI Ultra-D

chomsky

Limp Gawd
Hey, this is my first time A64 OC'ing (well, with a good OCing cpu at least) and I hit a wall. I'm running an opty 144 and temps are certainly not an issue, a DFI NF4 Ultra-D, and 2x512 corsair xms 3200. I've been following the guide posted on here, and it would seem that if I can't get into the 230's HTT stable then my sata drives might be the problem, I've got them on 3/4 now and I was hoping that would help but it hasn't. I've also tried upping the PCI-E to 101mhz, which did get me to 234 stable the one time I tried it. I don't know, anyone know what could be wrong? I set the ram to 100 1:2, cpu mult to 5, ht mult to 2.0 and Ive tried 2.5. any help? Is there something specific to this MB I'm overlooking?

The only thing I really haven't touched at one point or another are the ram timings. I read your page on that too, and while I know what they do now I don't know where they should be, they're just at "auto" now

I did, well I meant to say I haven't touched the individual settings, the CAS stuff and whatnot.

I tried setting the ram at 120mhz (I think it was with a 3:5) and I got it up to 326 before crashing so is the problem solved? Can I use 320 as my highest stable HTT just as if I had gotten there with a 100mhz 1:2

chomsky said:
You bet, I've been trying to follow your guide word for word
i guess you missed the part where i said that sometimes booting at 200mhz can cause problems.. try booting at like 203mhz or something :D

Back