Can't break 13k in 3dMark2003 :(

Try shutting down some services in windows, that should give you a few extra points. You 6800GT doesn't have anything left as far as overclocking?
 
If you can get a little more out of your 6800 or your CPU that should put you over. :p Good luck.

 
tried that, I run really lean to start with. And when I shut down McAfee it makes my score lower?

Its pretty much maxed out at 400/1100. Futuremark seems to be showing my 2D clocks or something b/c I ran those benchmarks at 400 core not 369.

Another weird thing, I get about the same peformance on 3dMark2005 at both 3.45Ghz(5661) or 3.6Ghz (5659) ....
 
What about running a 5:4 memory divider with raised vdimm and latencies for stability. You have OCZ, it might run at 220mhz.
 
Yeah, I haven't played around a lot with 5:4 I THINK the highest I could get was like 275FSB which was 220 on the ram and 3.3Ghz on the CPU. Though I don't think it was perfectly stable at that.

I don't remember the exact timings & FSB. I wrote it all out on graph paper at home. (gradually raised the FSB tried different timings, ratios, etc.. vcores/vdimms, etc.. benchmarked...documented success or not, scores, etc.)
 
chrisf6969 said:
Yeah, I haven't played around a lot with 5:4 I THINK the highest I could get was like 275FSB which was 220 on the ram and 3.3Ghz on the CPU. Though I don't think it was perfectly stable at that.

I don't remember the exact timings & FSB. I wrote it all out on graph paper at home. (gradually raised the FSB tried different timings, ratios, etc.. vcores/vdimms, etc.. benchmarked...documented success or not, scores, etc.)

3DMark 03 is very sensitive (but not as much as 01) to CPU clocks. If you put that 6800GT in an AMD box you'll get 2000 points higher. 05 is all about vid card and CPU or RAM o/c will give you small increases.
 
Voltmod it and overclock it higher. :) I might do that for my x800 again. See if I can break my 565MHz core record for myself. I can't get any higher than 540ish stable with the core at stock voltage.
 
ohgod said:
Well I guess your day is ruined now...

NOPE my day is not RUINED, I played around with it a little more tonight and FINALLY got 15 more points.

I GOT 13,014 !

http://service.futuremark.com/compare?2k3=4271092

I think it was that I set the 2D & 3D clocks the same, so in between each test, the card doesn't have to drop down & speed back up. Which probably makes the begining & end of test take a small performance hit. Plus 3dMark2003 displays the correct core speed, b/c it normally detects & shows the 2D speed, not 3D. I could probably do a little bit higher too, since I only use coolbits which doesn't give you as fine of control over the memory speed. I might be able to squeeze a little more than approx 1.1Ghz with finer control.
 
You can also just do the game tests and skip the CPU tests and other ones, that may let you get that last couple Mhz to break a barrier :)
 
HiJon89 said:
You can also just do the game tests and skip the CPU tests and other ones, that may let you get that last couple Mhz to break a barrier :)

Not unless you pay for the full version right?
 
Try putting your ram timings lower and lowering your clock enough to make it stable. This may give you a few points or take some, depends on the system really. I'm pretty sure it'd work on an amd64 but on an intel it probably wont, can't hurt to try it though.

~Adam
 
CleanSlate said:
Try putting your ram timings lower and lowering your clock enough to make it stable. This may give you a few points or take some, depends on the system really. I'm pretty sure it'd work on an amd64 but on an intel it probably wont, can't hurt to try it though.

~Adam

Already have timings at 2-3-2-5-1T the tightest that they will run. (remember this is 2x1Gb sticks!) They won't boot at 2-2-2-5, peformance mode is enabled, etc.. And any FSB over 301FSB & my videocard won't overclock at all and its starts to get wacked out.

I methodically tested nearly everything and found the best settings I believe for all. The 2 variables that I changed and got an extra 15 points were....
setting 2D & 3D clocks both the same, and I also set my desktop resolution to 1024x768. (normally its higher, so its got to change back & forth between tests)
 
Try defrag... :p It's one point DDdaaammmmiitttt!!! Why will it not go up one point. :mad: If you fart on the cpu while the benchmarks are going it can go up one point. :eek:

 
Try changing AGP aperature, if you haven't already. Also you can try turning off antivirus and other software.
 
Back
Top