Nosenuggets45
Limp Gawd
- Joined
- Jun 6, 2008
- Messages
- 492
I bought a Q9550 from a user on this forum and just installed it today. Everything seemed fine until I realized I was only running 2 cores. I had the option enabled to start windows with 2 cores. I disabled that option, and now I can't boot up. During the "Starting Windows" screen, I see a real quick blue screen then it reboots.
I tried the auto fix tool, didn't do anything. When I go to load the Windows 7 install disk, after the first black screen that says "Windows is loading files", the blue background comes up. Between the blue background and the first install window, it's at least 3 minutes. This never happened before. I'm about to reformat, but wanted to see if there are any other options here.
To sum it up, this is exactly what I did before the problem occurred:
Installed Q9550
Reset BIOS to defaults since it detected a new CPU
Updated Windows 7
Uninstalled the Q9550 from device manger, then rebooted
Disabled "Start with X cores" in msconfig
Reboot, then problem started
Any ideas? This is driving me INSANE.
EDIT: I got the disk running, and I started the install. It is INCREDIBLY slow. The disk drive seems to spin really slow for a good 3-5 minutes, then spins back up and it moves onto the next step of whatever it is doing.
EDIT2: Finally after waiting 10 minutes to even click install Windows, I'm now running on a fresh install. So far, no issues. No idea what happened. Next question: Why does it suddenly take my PC 5 minutes to load up the Windows install disk? My friend brought his geek squad disc over to try, and even that (which is windows based) took about 3 or so minutes to load up. Same for an Ubuntu Live disc. Before today, I never had these issues.
I tried the auto fix tool, didn't do anything. When I go to load the Windows 7 install disk, after the first black screen that says "Windows is loading files", the blue background comes up. Between the blue background and the first install window, it's at least 3 minutes. This never happened before. I'm about to reformat, but wanted to see if there are any other options here.
To sum it up, this is exactly what I did before the problem occurred:
Installed Q9550
Reset BIOS to defaults since it detected a new CPU
Updated Windows 7
Uninstalled the Q9550 from device manger, then rebooted
Disabled "Start with X cores" in msconfig
Reboot, then problem started
Any ideas? This is driving me INSANE.
EDIT: I got the disk running, and I started the install. It is INCREDIBLY slow. The disk drive seems to spin really slow for a good 3-5 minutes, then spins back up and it moves onto the next step of whatever it is doing.
EDIT2: Finally after waiting 10 minutes to even click install Windows, I'm now running on a fresh install. So far, no issues. No idea what happened. Next question: Why does it suddenly take my PC 5 minutes to load up the Windows install disk? My friend brought his geek squad disc over to try, and even that (which is windows based) took about 3 or so minutes to load up. Same for an Ubuntu Live disc. Before today, I never had these issues.
Last edited: