Can't Boot Completely With 2nd Physx Card Installed

Blazemore

[H]ard|Gawd
Finally got a chance to install my GTX295 last night with a 9600 gso to handle (some what) physx. Only problem is once I install the 9600 I can't completely boot into Vista. I can get to the loading screen (where the green bar is) but then the screen goes to a bluish color and computer either restarts or just sits at the same screen.

If I take out the 9600 then I can boot into Vista fine. If I take out the 295 and just install the 9600, I can boot into Vista.

How I got to this point? I setup a New install of vista 64 with the 9600. Dl 181drivers and changed out the cards adding both the 295 and 9600. Restarted Vista found both cards then installed the drivers. Restarted and could not boot into Vista. Then I tried hooking the monitor side analog to 9600 and dvi to 295 after a restart and still can't boot.
Later took out the 9600 and dl and install the 9.09 update as a last effort. PSU BFG ES-800 rest in sig.

Any ideas?

Tried again:

Took the 9600 out and booted into vista and uninstalled the 181drivers. Installed the 9600 and booted back into vista fine. Reinstalled the 181 drivers and restarted. Once restarted I got to the same Vista loading screen with the Knight Rider bar, fans on both cards spun down to normal. After that back to the black/ bluish screen and can't boot into Vista.

Nvidia driver problem?

Found this where someone else seemed to have the problem too.
http://forums.nvidia.com/index.php?showtopic=86745

Another update:

I can boot into Vista without the drivers installed with both cards. I can also boot into Vista safe mode fine with the drivers installed and both cards installed. But once both cards are installed and then I install the 181 drivers, after the driver reboot I'm still back to the same dead screen.

While in safe mode with the 181 drivers installed I disabled the 9600, but after the reboot I still get the blank screen after the Vista loading bar. I went back into safe to make sure the 9600 was still disabled and it was.

So I'm guessing this is a driver bug in the 181's

Try the 182.05 beta. Working great for me so far on a single GTX 260 but I don't know if it will help you in your situation. Worth a suggesting though.

What motherboard?

Im doing this without a problem on P5K-E using GTX 280 and 9600GT. And two friends of mine are using P5E-deluxe with 260GTXs and 9600s.

BFG GTX295 with a eVGA 8800GTS for Physix. Foxconn Bloodrage X58 motherboard. Got to be careful with this setup. After I installed the latest beta driver, the fan on the GTX295 was set to ZERO :eek:. I didn't realized it until I feel the hot air coming out from the back of my case. This was like 20 minutes later and the Physix screen saver was running. Checked GPU-Z and it shows the GPU temp at 102º C!

edit: This is on Vista x64

It seems (from form searching) that SLI motherboards are able to use 295 and some other card for physx. Now none sli mb like the p45 I have there seems to be a driver issue, I'm guessing.

I haven't tried the last beta drives yet...now fighting nvlddmkm that just pop out of nowhere and it's really pissing me off.

hmm, good, I was gonna say power issue, but if you got it all worked out, great!

yup, I'd say, but just had to take a guess, theres a lot o guys around here trying to run next gen rigs on mid range 500 watts lol

Back