Can't access shared folder

Zepher

[H]ipster Replacement
I am not sure what the deal is but on my main machine I have 5 drives internally, 2 SCSI, 2 IDE, and 1 SATA.
I have folders shared on all the drives and everyone can access all the shares except for the shares on the 2 IDE drives.
computers see the shares but when I try and open the shared folder I get an error.

This is what it says:
\\HAL-9000\Temp is not accessible. You might not have permission to use this network resource. Contact the administrator of the server to find out if you have access permission.

Not enough server storage is available to process this command"

any ideas on what could be the cause?

My second machine was SCSI, IDE, and SATA as well and it shared all folders fine. It is now IDE and SATA and all shares work great.

WS6 said:
Not enough server storage is available to process this command"
I'm not sure about this error, but I think that the easiest way to get around these problems is to put the user's log-in and password into the sharing computer. Its an easy fix, but it works. The only problem is that you'll have to update the password on the shared box every time you change the password on the client.

and thats a pretty cool name for a computer. I'm surprised I haven't seen it anywhere else - maybe people are scared that if they name their computer HAL-9000, then their computer will try to kill them

lol :)
that doesn't work either as all 3 of my machines have the same username and password,

the second link may fix my problem, but at the moment I am having issues with the machine not booting up with the new 7800GS card. Screens go blank as soon as windows starts to load, I'll see the windows screen for a slpit second and screens go blank and PC locks up.

Slap the 6800 back in and everything is peachy.

Back