• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

Canon PowerShot S5 IS

Joined
Mar 21, 2008
Messages
52
Does anyone have this camera? Can speak good or bad about it? I've looked all over at the reviews on this one. I'm interesting in getting this. Is it worth it? Advice? Input?

Thank's!
 
One of the best cams out in the market I believe.
'Tis the bigger brother of the well know S3 IS <which was damn good> ...
Avble for around 290$ - It is a steal for the price.. !
Check dpreview or the Imaging-Resource for reviews on the cam!
 
Been lookin at this one for about a week now. Just not sure I want to carry a mini-quazi-semi-SLR-ish size camera with me for trips, etc. Car shows, no problem, just the vacation BS, I don't want a camera baggie (man purse)

Flip LCD, Zoom, and 8MP is all good stuff. And of course, it's CANON. Everything I want, except when I look at the brand new G9, I just can't stop drooling. I know, less zoom, but 6X would do just fine for my use. The G9 is quite a bit lighter and much slimmer, it;s also got RAW mode which the S5 lacks (aren't these hackable?). I'd be all over the G9 if it only had a rotating LCD.
 
I own a Powershot S3 IS. As the guy said two posts above, it is awesome! :)
You can only expect the S5 IS to be just as good or better!!!!


 
sh*t ... looks like dell.com's gonna get it's first sale from me ... deng it, well i need a new d.cam
 
I heard a S8000fd is better than tht.Saw this from dcresource.There are some pics compared.
 
It is a nice camera, you can also look at the Canon G9 or 870IS if you want it a little smaller.
 
Back
Top