I'm not a professional photographer... and this is my first post in this forum.
Hoever, that said, I owned an A60 which was 2 Megapixels and I loved it. It was easy to use, and took great pictures that printed nicely on my Canon i850. I did however sell it..... to get an A85. Wanted to get the 4 Megapixel action, along with a 1 GB CF card from NewEgg for like $80.
Definately a great camera -- I've played around with the A75, and will soon be buying the A95 (5-mp) for myself. Fairly easy to use, and it takes great pictures. Plus it has manual mode for when you start learning more about your camera. Highly recommended by me.
I have a Canon A80, very similar to the A75 in most respects, except it's 4.0 mp instead of 3.2. I'm pretty sure it doesn't have an uncompressed mode (RAW). It save's automatically to JPG. The A80 also has a swivel LCD, which the A75 does not have. Check out more A75 details here The A80 is good for point-N-shooting. I leave it in Auto mode mostly, but it also have plenty of other options too, like a fully manual mode and 2 custom slots that you can save your favorite settings to.