Canon A75 vs SD110

Tonybologna23

Limp Gawd
I want to get a digital camera for this summer (last summer at home with friends) and i am debating between the A75 and the SD110

The A75 is an awesome camera, i would get it if it werent for its size and the AA batteries. I know many people like to use AA batteries because theoretically you will never be stranded without batteries. Also the shap agrees with your hand so it feels very good in your hands.

The SD110 digital elph camera is the SAME PRICE as the A75. It is smaller (making use of an SD card and rechargable batteries.) I like that it is small and i can fit in my pocket so i wont ever have to say "man i wish i had my camera!" I am an anal recharger and am not worried about the batteries but i am worried about the picture quality.

I am afriad the tradeoff for SD110 will be picture quality. I might want consider the A75 if the SD110 is lacking in picture quality.

any thoughts? I really like canon cameras, but if there is some awesome alternative i am not aware of, im open to suggestions.

Don't let rechargable batteries be your selling point. Just because one camera might ship with rechargables doesn't mean you can't buy recharchable AA batteries to use.

I have a Canon A80 and the Maha-C401FS 100 Min Cool Charger with 8 of their PoweRex 2200mAh AAs from http://www.mahaenergy.com/store/Index.asp. They kick a lot of ass. When I got those batteries and charger about 6 months ago, they were top of the line. I don't imagine much has changed in the rechargable world.

Lord Chambers said:
Don't let rechargable batteries be your selling point. Just because one camera might ship with rechargables doesn't mean you can't buy recharchable AA batteries to use.

I have a Canon A80 and the Maha-C401FS 100 Min Cool Charger with 8 of their PoweRex 2200mAh AAs from http://www.mahaenergy.com/store/Index.asp. They kick a lot of ass. When I got those batteries and charger about 6 months ago, they were top of the line. I don't imagine much has changed in the rechargable world.
You can walk into Target and buy a 4 pack of Energizer 2300mAh NiMH AA batteries now. So, some things have changed :)

Back