• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

Canon A700 Shutter speeds :(

skymaster

[H]ard|Gawd
Joined
Nov 17, 2000
Messages
1,887
I just purchased a Canon A700 and have to admit I am appalled at the terrible picture performance I am getting from it.

I have had a Canon A80 for the last 2-1/2 years and decided it was time to get a new camera. So I looked around and the A700 looked like a good deal.

Unfortunately doing a side by side comparison the 2+ year old A80 at 4mp takes much better pictures than the brand new A700. In dim situations using the A80 I get a shutter speed of 1/20th of a second with a 2.8 aperture. With the A700 shooting the same spot with the same ISO I get a 1/10th of a second shutter speed with a 2.8 aperture.

Needless to say I am extremely disappointed.
 
skymaster said:
I just purchased a Canon A700 and have to admit I am appalled at the terrible picture performance I am getting from it.

I have had a Canon A80 for the last 2-1/2 years and decided it was time to get a new camera. So I looked around and the A700 looked like a good deal.

Unfortunately doing a side by side comparison the 2+ year old A80 at 4mp takes much better pictures than the brand new A700. In dim situations using the A80 I get a shutter speed of 1/20th of a second with a 2.8 aperture. With the A700 shooting the same spot with the same ISO I get a 1/10th of a second shutter speed with a 2.8 aperture.

Needless to say I am extremely disappointed.

Did you check reviews, etc. before buying it? Or did you just buy it because of a good price?
 
Back
Top