Canon 5D --- canon's new DSLR

Bleed

Gawd
have you guys heard about this? do you think this would atleast knock the 20D a few hundred dollars down?

- 12.8 MP, full frame, no support for EF-S lenses

- Rear LCD 2.5" / 230K pixels

- RGB Histogram

- Spot metering

- 9 point AF + 6 "invisible" AF points

- No built-in flash or AF-assist

- Takes new BG-E4 grip and new 430EX flash

Link to leaked press release

http://alex.netfun.ro/Canon5D-specs.pdf

I'm still not entirely convinced at this point.

But I wouldn't mind if it is real.

These specs aren't there to compete against the 20D, in my opinion. But rather, to compete against the older 1Ds which are currently sought after in the used market (Canon doesn't make money on used equipment).

With the DIGIC II processor, and the CMOS with this low pixel density (full frame), it should perform brilliantly in low-light, or at least better than the 1Ds. So people may rather buy this than a used 1Ds, and Canon gets some money. That is if this camera is for real. Which I wouldn't mind.

very nice i was planning to buy the D20 in Oct. - but if this is out then and pending on it's price range - i might consider it - getting a D20 over an Xt is well worth the extra couple hundred anyways. - or if the D20 prices drop :D

MrGuvernment said:
very nice i was planning to buy the D20 in Oct.
  • D in front of the number: Nikon
  • D after the number: Canon
;) The guys in their marketing departments apparently aren't very creative...

HorsePunchKid said:
;) The guys in their marketing departments apparently aren't very creative...
lol

except on canons D30 and D60.. :p

Whoops! Whaddayaknow. I don't think I had ever heard of the Canon D30 or D60. At least those aren't really current models. :)

HorsePunchKid said:

5 before the D..already taken by Konica-Minolta.. :D

MrGuvernment said:
very nice i was planning to buy the D20 in Oct. - but if this is out then and pending on it's price range - i might consider it - getting a D20 over an Xt is well worth the extra couple hundred anyways. - or if the D20 prices drop :D

Either wait longer or get the D20. The 5D is rumored to cost $3500.

mikeblas said:
Either wait longer or get the D20. The 5D is rumored to cost $3500.

Geez, someone makes up a PDF, and then everyone believes it. I am sure Canon will be announcing a new body pretty soon. But I'm just as sure that it won't be called the "5D", and that it's specs won't be the ones listed on that sheet.

Looks to me like a website designed for the sole purpose of garnering a high PageRank and generating ad revenue. Screenshots of that PDF are not "proving it legit", to quote the website. If you weren't convinced by the PDF, I sure hope that you wouldn't be convinced by this website. :)

I guess the fact that Konica-Minolta's 5D is part of their Dynax / Maxxum line is enough to separate them, at least in Canon's eyes. I wonder what K-M thinks of it. I also wonder if they realize how much having names like "Konica-Minolta Dynax / Maxxum 5D" is hurting their sales...

It can't be any worse than calling your product "*ist". How do you search the web for that?

it seems there's another new canon DSLR :D

canon36DD.jpg

hahahaha........ lol :p. I'd hit it!

Back