Cannot update TV Guide on MCE2005

nosoup4you718

Limp Gawd
Joined
Feb 21, 2005
Messages
380
Hi,

I recently updated my htpc which is running windows media center edition 05. I put a new digital tuner in a hauppage HVR2250. Installing it and the drivers went fine, i can watch tv and go through the TV setup fine, but when i go to download current TV guides I run into an issue, it says there no guide data available in my area. I'm using an HD antenna, and have tried a few other local zip codes. Also, i'm having trouble finding my digital channels. It asks me to assign them manually, and then put in the channel frequency?

Everything worked fine, before I put in the new tuner.

Any help would be appreciated, thanks!
 
Did you try setting media center to all defaults in the setup, then try running the wizard again?
 
You check to make sure your Date/Time clock is set to the right time-zone and time? It's strange but sometimes that gets reset or changed and the Guide won't update. I've had 2 machines that this has happened to.
 
yeah i tried going through and setting everything to default and running the wizard a few times.

and i just checked the date/time timezone and everything checks out.

Thanks for the help any other ideas out there?
 
Spin 3 times and clap your hands twice, then stomp on the floor while yelling abracadabra!

If that doesn't work, I'm out of ideas at the moment.
 
hahaha, Don't you know!??! It's the 3,2,1 method.

3 spins
2 claps
1 yelling and stomping
 
I've had some problems with my son's MCE 05 PC similar to yours. His won't download an updated guide at all. The first time I had a problem with it was after I updated to Service Pack 3. Definitely do not install SP3 if you're running MCE 05. The 2nd time I had a problem I don't know what happened 'cause I didn't install SP3. But I had to reinstall Windows and now it works fine.
 
Rain dance worked.. played around enough, not sure what happened but my dad got it to download the guide with almost all the digital channels......... 3 spins, 2 claps, 1 yelling and stomping
 
Back
Top