• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

Cannot uninstall onboard audio drivers

Joined
Nov 25, 2006
Messages
57
Hey guys,

I have this new PC with an HT Omega Striker 7.1 sound card. I have installed the drivers for the card and all is well. However, the old onboard audio drivers are still there. When I try to uninstall them via the device manager, they come back at reboot. How can I get rid of those? Here are some screenies:

I'd like to get rid of this:
FoQrR.png


And this:
NOLQv.png


There's also nothing in the Add/Remove Programs related to those. What could I do? I also deactivated the onboard audio in the BIOS.

Thanks!
 
Hmmm, looks like it was enabled in the CMOS. Now I did disable onboard audio, and now the one in the first screenshot with the yellow interrogation mark is gone, but the ATI Function Driver keeps coming back. What can I do?

Clean install of Windows 7. Trust me, you can uninstall it, somehow.
I am using Win XP.
 
It re-enables itself on startup :(
are you sure you are clicking on "Disable" and not "Uninstall" ?
and/or are you sure that you are saving the changes you made in the BIOS before rebooting?

Strange problem. How about some more information about your motherboard??
 
If you have a newer ATI video card this is the HDMI driver for your video card. There is no way to completely disable it as it is part of your video card. Some onboard chipsets from ATI/AMD have this as part of video and sound, and yes, you can disable that in the bios, but if you have a separate newer ATI video card, you cannot "Turn this off........" The drivers for it usually get updated if you update your chipset drivers from AMD or use the REALTEK HDMI driver updater.

The driver is harmless and wont interfere with your sound card. Be sure to go to control panel, and then to sound and make sure your sound card is chosen as the default device.

Cheers,
Earl Keim
 
Back
Top