cannot install nvidia drive on win 7 x86

PAo_ReVoLT

[H]ard|Gawd
37583094.png

i'm fixing my uncle machine today, i decide to format and install win7 for him. everything went thru fine

after win7 boot up i tried to install nvidia drive for his AGP 6800GS but it refused to installed

the window pop up and say

"the nvidia could not located driver that compatible with you current hardware"

please help thx

ps* english is not my first language

What version of drivers are you using?

It's best to use the executable you download from nvidia.com. Is that where you are getting your driver? If not, where? A little more detail about the process which you are using, would help.

the driver i'm getting from is from nvidia.com it is the newest

Version:

196.21 WHQL
Release Date:

what do you mean by process i'm using?

what do you mean by process i'm using?

Well, when does this pop up occur? I don't think I've ever heard of it occuring when using the executable downloaded from nvidia.com. The driver finds the hardware, not the opposite way around. The error you're receiving sounds like you are using the device manager to install the video card.

capturewlm.png

hi this is occur after i run the Geforce 196.21 WHQL.exe, seem like the system doesnt know that my AGP card is a nvidia card. or do i have to turn on some thing in the bios?

thx

Have you installed the motherboards drivers?

Could try uninstalling the ms driver in devmgmt.msc, see if there was some sort of conflict.

You're not installing the correct drivers for the card. I got this same error when trying to install drivers for my 8800gtx thought nvidia had a unified driver and they dont. Try this link http://www.nvidia.com/object/win7_winvista_32bit_196.21_whql.html

if those drivers dont work, than the card you think is in there is actually not. Pull the card and get the part number off of it.

Another note... Not all motherboards are compatible with Win 7, so you may be having a problem there as well. As old as the card is I would assume windows would have had a built in driver for it. Seeing that it doesnt from your screen shots. I would actually suggest windows XP for a machine still using AGP technology.

yes i think the problem is w/ the mobo chipset or somthing, i installed XP3 now everything work fine

thx guys

Back