• Great friend of mine with a great kid that he is trying to get a scholorship to continue his schooling. Please give hime a vote! Only 24 hours left! Thanks.
    https://athleteoftheyear.org/2026/keenan-a856

Cannot get "user ID"

HOCP4ME

2[H]4U
Joined
Jul 1, 2005
Messages
2,959
Hello, I am having a problem with FAH. If I have "use IE settings" disabled, I get this:


[15:06:23] - Ask before connecting: Yes
[15:06:23] - User name: HOCP4ME (Team 33)
[15:06:23] - User ID not found locally
[15:06:23] + Requesting User ID from server
[15:06:23] - Presenting message box asking to network.
[15:06:45] - Couldn't send HTTP request to server
[15:06:45] + Could not connect to Primary Assignment Server for ID
[15:07:06] - Couldn't send HTTP request to server
[15:07:06] + Could not connect to Secondary Assignment Server for ID
[15:07:06]
+ Could not get ID from server. Retrying...

If I have "use IE settings" enabled, I get something exactly like the above, but instead of "cannot send HTTP request to server" I get "got status code 504 from server". What is "status code 504"?
 
It may be a problem from the servers this morning. I'm getting the same error message on my laptop that normally works fine. I was thinking it might be my wifi, but I'm posting from it right now, so I know that it works.
 
Tormond said:
are you on dial up?

Yes, I am.

I also have this web accelerator thingie. If I have IE settings disabled, I alaways get the "cannot send HTTP request" error. If I have IE settings enabled, I will get the HTTP error if my web accelerator is disabled, and I get error 504 if my web accelerator is enabled. I've also tried disabling all firewalls.
 
sandmanx said:
It may be a problem from the servers this morning. I'm getting the same error message on my laptop that normally works fine. I was thinking it might be my wifi, but I'm posting from it right now, so I know that it works.

Ahh, good, at least that means it's not a problem with my PC. Mine was working fine a few days ago too, the only thing I changed was I uninstalled Windows x64 and installed Windows XP 32-bit.
 
Back
Top