Cannot get into bios (Asus maximus hero VII)

smodtactical

Limp Gawd
I am trying to get into the bios on my windows 10 system with a hero vii but whenever I restart and then hold del my screens are just black, my pc is running and nothing happens, nothing comes on the screen. If I restart and don't press anything it goes into windows 10 normally.

Any idea how to fix this? Specs in signature.

Thanks.

Do you have monitor connected via a digital connector? Unless I hook up a monitor to the VGA connector on my rig, I cannot see anything in the BIOS (or until the machine is halfway through the windows start up)

Don't hold DEL--it may interpret as a bad keyboard.

Press it repeatedly instead. You may also want to reset the BIOS so that the POST wait screen (~5 sec) resets to default. It might be set to "no wait" now.

I'm having the same problem, it was working fine until recently. I have dual monitors in SLI too.

I believe that board has the DirectKey button on it. It will take you into the BIOs. Also, try making sure you do a cold boot of the system. Don't restart Windows to try and get in there. Some TV's and even some monitors behave differently when you do that.

I believe that board has the DirectKey button on it. It will take you into the BIOs. Also, try making sure you do a cold boot of the system. Don't restart Windows to try and get in there. Some TV's and even some monitors behave differently when you do that.

Thanks, I do have a gigabyte motherboard, but I'll try a a full shutdown when I get home and see if that works.

I think it might also be that I switched my monitor output from the bottom gpu to the top gpu.

Thanks, I do have a gigabyte motherboard, but I'll try a a full shutdown when I get home and see if that works.

I think it might also be that I switched my monitor output from the bottom gpu to the top gpu.

The top GPU should be primary during POST.

I am trying to get into the bios on my windows 10 system with a hero vii but whenever I restart and then hold del my screens are just black, my pc is running and nothing happens, nothing comes on the screen. If I restart and don't press anything it goes into windows 10 normally.

Any idea how to fix this? Specs in signature.

Thanks.

Are you fast booting/UEFI booting? If so:
In Windows, hit the windows key, type "advanced" and choose "change advanced startup options". Under "advanced startup" choose "restart now". After boot you should then have access to your EFI/BIOS.

Do a full shutdown (Shift + Shutdown button), otherwise the Win8/Win10 put the system in one of the sleep modes. Then power up and mash Del.

Back