*****Cannot formatt*****

DRJ1014

Supreme [H]ardness
My grandma wanted her computer formatted. i said ok ill do it. she is running windows 98 and she doesnt want anything else. i was like ok. i put in the 98 disk to formatt. i thought it would be like the windows xp where you just boot it from the cdrom by pressing F8. that doesnt work. i have tried everything i can possiable think of. how do i formatt windows 98?

ok i got it to formatt and start to setup. when it asked for a floppy for a start up disk i put in a floppy. it sat there for about 10 min doing nothing. i tried to move the mouse and nothing happened. it froze. so me being stupid i restarted the computer and now it asks for a disk. it says the wrong disk is inserted.

what do i do?

it didnt create the start up disk.

i got it to format and setup fine now.

now i have dsl and i just put in a d link network card. (she doesnt use dsl she uses dial up im just doing it so the updates go faster)

now when i try to locate the network i cant find it. where do i find it?

Originally posted by DRJ1014
i got it to format and setup fine now.

now i have dsl and i just put in a d link network card. (she doesnt use dsl she uses dial up im just doing it so the updates go faster)

now when i try to locate the network i cant find it. where do i find it?

Dude

Win98 right... for DSL you will most likely need a PPPoE client. You can get one from www.dslreports.com I think, but don't quote me on that.

Cheers,

i made the backup disk poped it in and it loaded from the disk. then i got ms dos to run and re formatted it. i installed it again. with the dsl i gave up on it and used slow dial up.

Back