• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

Cannot enable SLi in Win7

Bop

2[H]4U
2FA
Joined
Oct 1, 2003
Messages
3,426
I got my Intel SSD and installed Windows 7 on it but now I've encountered a weird problem.

After installing the drivers I cannot enable SLi. After installing the drivers it detects a SLi capable system before I reboot, but if I enable it then I will get BSODs at boot. (any 190 series driver) If I restart before I enable SLi the option simply disappears but I see both cards in the display manager. The driver's system info even reports both cards.

I'm tempted to fall back to Vista and see my luck there.

Is this a unique issue?

EDIT: Everything runs 100% fine in Vista x64. It also works fine if I install Windows 7 onto a traditional HDD rather than my Intel X25-M. Something about installing Win7 onto an SSD is causing video driver BSODs in my system configuration.
 
Last edited:
could u have made something loose when u installed the SSD?
 
could u have made something loose when u installed the SSD?

It doesn't happen in Vista at all so it alludes to it being a software problem. I also just played some games for 2 hours without an issue as well. It has to be something with W7/nVidia.
 
Are you sure all cards are good? Perhaps your second card isnt 100% healthy. Have no problem with TRISLI and Win7 Ultimate X64 running latest driver on 280:s.
 
Are you sure all cards are good? Perhaps your second card isnt 100% healthy. Have no problem with TRISLI and Win7 Ultimate X64 running latest driver on 280:s.

They run 3dMark 06 all night long without a problem so I don't think it is the cards themselves. I also tried downclocking the cards.

Come to think of it I wonder if this may be a combination problem; when I tried Win7 on my Velociraptor HDD everything seemed to be ok minus some weird short freeze when the monitor kicked back on. A few people at the EVGA forums also have this issue. For a second I thought it could be the BIOS update I did, but one of the people has a different board and that wouldn't explain why Vista still works fine.

EDIT: I'll install my Velociraptor one more time and see what happens before I sell it.

UPDATE: Wow, it works fine with the Velociraptor. Some combination of the X25-M, Windows 7, and the nvidia cards is causing this. Strange.
 
Last edited:
I have 2 GTX 260's SLI and an OCZ Agility SSD installed with Windows 7 x64 and no problems. Very wierd issue, seems to be an issue with a very specific combination of hardware like you said.
 
I have 2 GTX 260's SLI and an OCZ Agility SSD installed with Windows 7 x64 and no problems. Very wierd issue, seems to be an issue with a very specific combination of hardware like you said.

So it isn't just the SSD, hmmm. Before I installed Win7 I updated my motherboard BIOS which added a HPET and it was set to 32-bit rather than 64-bit. It still worked fine with the Velociraptor @ 32-bit but I wonder if setting it to 64-bit with the SSD will fix it. I am somewhat hesitant though, as I already wrote ~170GB to my SSD already in a week and its already starting to slow down even with a TRIM.
 
Back
Top