• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

Cannot connect to wireless network.

SuperCell

Limp Gawd
Joined
Sep 24, 2005
Messages
314
Just installed a wireless router and ran through the setup process.

I can access the internet through the wired LAN, and the SSID shows up in available networks, but when I enter the "security key" to connect, it comes up with "security ket mismatch".

I know what the password is; I set it myself.

Any ideas?
 
OS?
Router?
Type of Encryption?
Have you tried to connect without using encryption?
Is the SSID the same as an older one?
 
nevermind.

I must be the only person in history to fat-finger the password not once, but TWICE during setup.
 
You wouldn't believe how common that is. I constantly deal with people who swear they are trying to login with their new password.
 
I keep my passwords stored encrypted and use copy/paste for most things. Every now and then I'll get a space at the end for some reason and it gets included in the paste.

Grrrrrr.
 
Back
Top