Cannot Access Xbox Live Content Off-line

pug

[H]ard|Gawd
A friend of mine comes to my house to use my high-speed internet to download stuff to his Xbox 360. When he goes off-line at home he cannot access them. I just found out that his date/time goes back to 11/22/2005 7am. If he turns it off and back on, without unplugged it the date/time are fine. If he unplugs it, aka leaves my house, it goes back to that date.

Same xbox he has always had, got it about a month after launch.

Ideas?

Old games (Contra for example), maps for Halo, "Ask a Ninja" videos

Just to name a few.

A friend of mine comes to my house to use my high-speed internet to download stuff to his Xbox 360. When he goes off-line at home he cannot access them. I just found out that his date/time goes back to 11/22/2005 7am. If he turns it off and back on, without unplugged it the date/time are fine. If he unplugs it, aka leaves my house, it goes back to that date.

Same xbox he has always had, got it about a month after launch.

Ideas?

Is this a recent occurrence or has it always been like this?

The date/time thing has always reset after he unplugs it from the wall. The Xbox Live content he just got probably a few weeks ago. This was really the first he was able to get it connected to Xbox live. But I think its always been a problem.

there is no battery backup that holds the date and time. Once the psu is unplugged it will reset. If he could connect to XBL it would reset the time correctly. Does he not have any internet access at his house at all?

Only thing I can think to do is to plug 360 into a UPS at your house connected to Live to update time/date. Unplug UPS travel with the 360 and UPS home and plug in UPS without the 360 losing power.

Dunno what else he could do.

leave his 360 plugged up at his house, and just swap out HD's

:)

Well I am not sure if unplugging it and plugging it back is the problem. I can try that at my house first. By connecting to make it work. Unplug the Cat5 from the 360, turn it off and unplug it and try to use the stuff.

He has internet access but its dial-up, only thing he can get. Also he lives an hour away, so yea a UPS isn't an option.

leave his 360 plugged up at his house, and just swap out HD's

:)

I don't own a 360, also the licenses are tied to the console not the HDD, so that wouldn't work.

Have him bring his 360 over to your house, go online to xbox.com and run the migration tool and migrate all of his licenses to his console. He will have to re-download everything he wants to use while he's offline, but he will be able to use any downloaded content on his console when he's offline.

It should be in the support section of xbox.com. I have done it and it works fine.

Back