Cannot access X from Y but can from Z

KuJaX

[H]F Junkie
So I booted up an old machine that is running Windows XP to do some work. I am trying to login to crm on-demand platform that is web based. It won't access the page. I try pinging it. It won't. I did a nslookup and it shows the correct ip address. I then do a tracert and it doesn't even reach the router. I look at the router logs and nothing stating it blocked any traffic.

What is strange is that I have a laptop (windows 7) on the same network that accesses it no problem. tracert no problem, etc.

I have disabled Windows firewall, shutdown Zonealarm on the Windows XP machine and even pulled out good 'ol fashion Wireshark and cannot figure out why it isn't getting out. All other websites I ever go to works just fine, it is this one only.

Any suggestions or ideas? What is so strange is that I can nslookup it and it will find the ip but accessing that ip is another story. Feel free to PM me for actual domain name.

Did you ever have dual nics and set up a static route? Or two internet connections and two routers?

does the XP machine reach any other websites?

might try from a command prompt:
Code:
netsh int ip reset reset.log
netsh winsock reset
then reboot and try again.

does the XP machine reach any other websites?

might try from a command prompt:
Code:
netsh int ip reset reset.log
netsh winsock reset
then reboot and try again.

He already said it can reach other sites, just not the one CRM site.

Resetting the tcpip stack is a good start though

Last edited:
Back