Cannot access router configuration page

thiago

Bad Trader
Hey man, now im having a more weird problem.. i can't access my router configuartion (192.168.1.1) page... I have to go use a paper clip and reset the router to load any internet page, otherwise it wont load, i basically cant clone the mac address because the page wont load!!! What can I do ?!!! How can i get into the router page..

i am trying to clone my mac address to see if it fixes my problem of my internet not working every other minute and having me reset the router or release and renew my DHCP... but now I cannot access my http://192.168.1.1 i am trying to upgrade the firmware using the linksys program too but it is telling me no server response what can i do ? :(

Wolf-R1 said:
Call tech support. You need a replacement.

Not so fast...are you trying to clone the MAC address for your personal computer? You don't need to do it. Try to access the router through another computer that you haven't screwed with the MAC addy on and you might have more luck. When people talk about cloning MAC addresses that is between the router and modem, not individual computers.

First things first. Can you ping that address? Are you getting an IP from the router? Make sure you have connectivity before going any further.

Deadlierchair said:
Not so fast...are you trying to clone the MAC address for your personal computer? You don't need to do it. Try to access the router through another computer that you haven't screwed with the MAC addy on and you might have more luck. When people talk about cloning MAC addresses that is between the router and modem, not individual computers.

uh...I think I missed that part. :D

Better yet, remove the MAC setting you've made completely. Restart the machine if you have to, that might be best since Winderz likes to keep those kinds of settings until after reboot.
Once back in open a CMD window and do "ipconfig /all" to verify that the MAC you were trying to use isn't in use anymore and that it's at the default BIA for your NIC.

Ping router and all should be well. You don't need to clone your MAC address for this. You shouldn't need to at least. The only reason you may need to is if your ISP registered your MAC on your PC as the one that should have access to their network. If that is the case then you need to add that address to the WAN interface of your router.

Back