cancelling order from Kuala Lumpar, binding order fee

fudge2011

Limp Gawd
I put in an order for a cooler master 690 2 advantage from this site cenfonix.com and never payed them any money. Upon specifying I wanted the bill in GBP they made most of it in GBP but the total to be paid in EUR.

I consequently sent them an email saying Id like to cancel. Not mentioning that I'd prefer to buy the product from the UK to avoid holing tax anyway whether it came from Kuala Lumpar or their office in Germany, but I still just wanted to avoid using this company.

Since then Ive ordered the white version of the case from ebuyer and it has arrived. Since then they have emailed be back saying that the order was binding(from cenfonix), which means they'll now charge me a percentage surcharge as a fee.

They tell me this was written when I confirmed the order online and I never saw this. Now they are threatening saying that if I dont pay the cancellation fee that they will send a debt collector round to pick up the charges. I read somewhere briefly on a quick google search that these charges could be in excess of their cancellation fee.

I have tried ringing their Germany office and just get through to answerphone.

Quite frankly the company is completely wrong in what they are doing. There is nothing on their website which mentions a binding order and only this which I deemed relevent:
We reserve the right to levy a surcharge on such returned goods at a minimum 10% of the invoice price.
Goods received back complete as NEW and unused and in original box and packaging including all accessories and in a re-sellable condition: You will be refunded the full invoice amount less cost of delivery.
Goods received back complete as NEW and unused and in original box and packaging but with accessories missing: You will be refunded the full Invoice price - less delivery charges and cost of accessories missing.

its important to note nothing will be returned as they only ship once payment is received, which they repeatedly say on the site.

In addition in the UK we just have a bank account number and sort code to do a bank transfer payment which is the only option they offer other than cheque. And it would be ridiculous to send a cheque to Kuala Lumpar.

please help, Im considering sending back the ebuyer item and getting the cenfonix one but then again a bank transfer to this:
Make payable to:
DiTaQ Computer
Account Number: 512343538204
Swiftcode/BIC: MBBEMYKL
Bank Name: Malayan Banking Berhad
Bank Address:
100, Jalan Tun Perak
50050 Kuala Lumpur
looks highly unlikely considering that isnt even theri website name

please help

or suggest where I should post this.

Whats the fee? I would just pay it and be done with the company. If they send it to collections right or wrong, its going to be a pain getting it off your credit report.

sounds like bullshit, but the mess that could result from this sounds like an even bigger pile of bullshit, just pay the fee (if it's reasonable)...

what % are they trying to get from you...?

@power5 what do you mean collections?

im pretty much prepared to pay nothing over 10%

they havent said though. I know its complete an utter bullshit.

I cant even ring them up as its a german answerphone,,ringing kuala lumpar wont work as they unlikely speak english and theyre really slow at email replies.

Im assuming its going to be like 3%(but from that quote of their website policy it could be like 10%) although it clearly states thats only on items that have been delivered. ive asked twice in emails for how much it is. How exactly im supposed to pay this crazy bank account and still no reply. Ive even made a phony english address now so I hopefully dont have some crazy debt collector coming to my door.

im telling you its just some complete arsehole german bastard trying to just ripp me off, hes just threatening the debt collector stuff im thinking. still going to have to wait it out and not open my new pc case from ebuyer though :(

i reckon i dont have enough time to open my new case now :( and start building my case as Im pretty much not prepared to do a bank transfer for full case amount. I might pay the fee if they contact me clearly saying what they want, and where it state it was a binding contract.

hmm seconds thoughts, fuck it ill just open my new white case :D

Last edited:
Where are you located? If you are not there, why should you give a damn about what they do? You could probably even sue them if they added you to any list in the UK as per "data privacy infringement".

i was thinking this, put it this way, im in the UK and they have an office in germany and kuala lumpar, malaysia...

but could you elaborate as the UK list. I wouldn't know where to start about suing them but its just outrageous,,,,there was never an agreement of a binding contract.

I just cant see tbh any UK debt settler actually having a fluid conversation with them anyway,,the only way this would get resolved by a debt collector is if they hired a translator to start, and not forgetting theyre not eve based in the uk.

theyre just stupid,, just going to have to wait out for their next email explaining how much they want to charge and attempt to pay a transfer at the bank to this crazy address :( sucks though..

How did you pay exactly?

If it was a credit card you would have the bank to fall back on.

I know you said you didn't pay them but did they require a cc upon ordering?

i was thinking this, put it this way, im in the UK and they have an office in germany and kuala lumpar, malaysia...

but could you elaborate as the UK list. I wouldn't know where to start about suing them but its just outrageous,,,,there was never an agreement of a binding contract.

I just cant see tbh any UK debt settler actually having a fluid conversation with them anyway,,the only way this would get resolved by a debt collector is if they hired a translator to start, and not forgetting theyre not eve based in the uk.

theyre just stupid,, just going to have to wait out for their next email explaining how much they want to charge and attempt to pay a transfer at the bank to this crazy address :( sucks though..

You didn't pay, nor sign any valid contract that you would. So you have no legal requirements to do anything.

Just forget about paying them anything, and let them go. They won't even try anything stupid, they can't touch you.

thanks. this is just what i thought. just hope i dont get a thai/german knocking on my door.
changed my address on account to living on the south coast to confuse themm aswell :) .

++++s

a c c upon ordering? what is this? credit card ? no

i simply just put the order on their website and never paid anything. all they had was my name and address and all they gave me was their bank details to do a bank transfer as thats their only way of payment aswel as a cheque.

I wouldnt even know where do send a cheque aswell as it doesn't make that clear.

very bad system, probably run by criminals in thailand who demand money of westerners. All they have is my name and address in the UK(providing they made a copy of the email and pay statement, saying what I have to pay for the pc case) , I dont even know if they have that because I changed my name and address that is registered with them so no, they have no bank details or card details of mine.

i would just ignore them and forget about it. They never delivered anything and it would cost them more money to try to collect the 10% or whatever then it would to just move on. Sounds like a shady place of business anyways

Back