Canadians and 2405 deals

How quickly do orders from Dell canada usually take to arrive for someone living in a major city? (Edmonton for me)

The website claims the shipment will arrive between the 18th and 22nd, but I've heard of people in the states getting their shipments well before the expected arrival.

I guess it depends on supply vs demand. I received my computer from them 1 week ahead of what they said in the email ETA.

I just ordered mine through the University of Toronto.

C$1184 (incl. shipping) + tax

Total: C$1361.60

Can't wait till it arrives.

The University of Toronto has its own Dell representative who can do special pricing for students. I tried to go through the regular channel but the best price I could get through them was $1300 + tax.

Good thing I made the effort; I saved myself about $135. Converting the total before taxes to US$ I realised my deal was almost as good as the ones they were getting in the States.

Arg, I ordered mine on the 15th and its says I will recieve it on the 29th. :mad: I dont want to wait.

Bruce Cree said:
Arg, I ordered mine on the 15th and its says I will recieve it on the 29th. :mad: I dont want to wait.

Oh man, my order went through on the 21st, that probably means that I won't get it till the middle of next month. That sucks.

I guess it is the end of the financial quarter. That is why Dell has been offering all these deals to boost their quarterly results. I guess there must be quite a backlog.

kkapoor said:
The University of Toronto has its own Dell representative who can do special pricing for students. I tried to go through the regular channel but the best price I could get through them was $1300 + tax.

Good thing I made the effort; I saved myself about $135. Converting the total before taxes to US$ I realised my deal was almost as good as the ones they were getting in the States.

Any chance in hell you can hook people up with your connection? I'll buy you a beer if you can. Or $135 dollars worth :D

PKFGimpy said:
W00T!

Order has been placed, final price with tax and shipping = $1379.39

(keep in mind Alberta residents only pay 7% GST)

I had to haggle the guy a bit to get him to bump it up from 10% off to 15% off since I didn't have a coupon code.

Thanks everyone for this valuable information, saved me over $200.00

Alberta residents also have to pay the environmental recycling tax on monitors.

Anyone has an update on the FPW2405 Canadian deals?

I'm in Montreal and I'm really looking foward to acquiring one in the next 2 weeks.

Edit: Where can I see the coupon codes on the website? Wasn't there some kind of game to play or something? Or is it better to simply call a rep? Thanks in advance.

..:: Matthew Alexander

Hey Arnon. I'm also in mtl and looking to get one of these. The game you mention was dellF game, but it was only around xmas time.

As I mentioned on the "official unofficial" Dell 2405FPW thread:

Well, Dell Canada's "10 Days of Deals" is back on! Last time they had this promotion, they were selling the 2005FPW for about HALF price, so I'm going to be keeping my eye out for deals on the 2405FPW. I'll take even a 25% discount!

So, any Canadians out there that are still looking for a good price on the 2405FPW--stay tuned!

Does anyone have any information on Dell's dead pixel policy, or do they have a no questions asked replacement policy?

Also, how many people have been getting defects? I read the other 2005fpw thread and it seems like a LOT of people were getting dead pixels but just "dealing with it" ... having had a dead pixel in the past this isn't really what I want to do.

Spoke with the Dell sales I guy I have bought my last three laptops from and he said not to expect any deals on the 2405 till Q4 of 2005. He said right now they are selling a lot of them and that the price is already way below their competitors. He said that their will be sales on the 17 and 19" LCD's though.

So - don't hold your breath waiting for the 2405 to come up during the ten days of deals :(

LOL wishful thinking to think the 2405 will be in the deals this week... the 2405 is such a hot selling item atm, that there's wait times of over a month and a half.

I agree that it is a very hot selling item and that they probably wont lower the price on it. But there is no wait time of a month and a half. I ordered one on May 26, and according to Purolator it will be here tommorow! Mabey I just got lucky but Im excited haha.

i got mine in 4 days. I ordered on friday 2-3 weeks ago and the guy said it would take 14business days to get here but that it ships much earlier.

So on friday its being built but it has to stop cause of the weekend. Monday it gets built and is ready to ship. Arrives on Thursday the next week.

Back