• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

can you say woops

gigglebyte

2[H]4U
Joined
Jan 18, 2001
Messages
3,814
I love teaching myself object lessons...I did a real good one tonight....I wanted to make a nice little intake for my new video card since it is right up against the side of my shuttles case....measured everyting out....made a template...double checked my measurements....marked and cut...made a decent cut...cleaned everything up and when I went to put the cover back on I realized that my cut was....shall we say a little off...I had it lined up perfectly on the vertical but my initial mark on the horizontal was off by the radius of the fan...can you say stupid :eek: oh well...I had already decided that if I blew it I was going to cut the entire side off and just grill the whole thing so I guess I will be doing that this weekend

leason to be learned from this....measure 3-12 times...make your marks in pencil...measure another half dozen times...verify your marks...measure once or twice more THEN cut
 
meh, now might be a nice time to look into a side-window or replacing the area with mesh ;)

mesh might be the best option because then if you get a new video card you dont have to worry ;)

dont worry, it happens to the best of us :)
 
grill/mesh...same crap :D I had though about doing that first but it will be interesting to see just how straight my lines are :eek: too bad Bonz moved out of state....bet he would have done it quick and easy oh well....it was funny when I told my wife....her response was something to the effect

"what are you going to do now that you destroyed your case?"

response: "destroy it a little more to see if I can fix it"
 
Why don't you just cut another fan hole right next to the one you just made and put two fans in?
 
Ya always a bummer to screw up your case ... although on my mods I only need to measure once :)
 
Originally posted by Teancum
Why don't you just cut another fan hole right next to the one you just made and put two fans in?

this was for the fan on the video card..not for the case
 
it still fits, I did something very similar, had an exhaust where the fan on the 9800xt is, then just down from that had an intake which blew on the card itself.


here's another idea, cut the hole out over the fan, where you wanted it originally, take some speaker mesh, and strech it real real tight over the section you did wrong.

then take some plexi, and cover over the are where the vid card fan would exhaust, cut lots and lots of small holes into the plexi to let air pass.

then you would have this, kind of cool looking transition from metal to mesh to plexi, the mesh would let air out of the case, and the plexi would let the vid card fan to exhaust straight out.
 
Back
Top