• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

Can you please recomend a PSU??

Pagan Wizard

2[H]4U
Joined
Jan 12, 2002
Messages
2,634
I am looking for a new PSU, preferably one with dual rails, and no modular connectors. I would prefer one with a 120mm fan, but that is really not a requirement. The longer the wires are for the 20 pin connector are, the better. I have a Silverstone TJ06 and the distance from the PSU to the MOBO is quite long a distance. I have been using an extender, but would prefer not to. You can see my system specs in my sig, so you know what I have to power up. I am looking for one in the neighborhood of 480 watts to 550 watts. Whichever PSU you decide to recomend, can you also explain why you would recomend it? Thank you in advance.
 
I would recommend the Seasonic s12 series of powersupplies (in either 500watt or 600watt flavors). Very silent, has a 120mm fan, dual power rails, 80% active PFC, and a very hefty amperage rating (which is accurate, not some made up number). On top of that they are really overbuilt solid units.

I think that about sums it up. However I wouldn't be able to tell you the length of the 24pin (in this case) connector. However, your current setup of using an extender should be fine, it won't cause any problems so long as it's built correctly.
 
I have a Seasonic S430 and I absolutlely love it. The amount of love I have for it is probably wrong on so many levels. :D


~Novensu
 
Back
Top