Can you load Windows (mobile) on an Android Tablet?

DarkSideA8

Gawd
Mostly this question is about Win 8.

I'm thinking of buying an Asus Transformer (Infinity) when it comes out later this year. I've read about mouse input (using the "mouse" tab on the keyboard) problems.

Wondered if Win 8 as the OS would solve this.

= basically, if Win 8 will work on ARM; is there any reason you could not install Win 8 on a tablet that originally sold as an android tab?

Mostly this question is about Win 8.

I'm thinking of buying an Asus Transformer (Infinity) when it comes out later this year. I've read about mouse input (using the "mouse" tab on the keyboard) problems.

Wondered if Win 8 as the OS would solve this.

= basically, if Win 8 will work on ARM; is there any reason you could not install Win 8 on a tablet that originally sold as an android tab?

I don't think anyone will know until Win8 for ARM launches. It probably largely depends if the hardware is supported and if the bootloader for the tablet can be modified to accept it.

I'm sure somone will figure it out eventually if it's not official, but it might not be optimal.

There's no common version of ARM that is shipped like Intel and AMD procs. Samsung (Exynos), TI (Cortex), nVidia (Tegra), Apple (Ax), Qualcomm (Snapdragon) all license the ARM design and customize it for their architecture.

The Win8 HW specs for ARM would have a set design that is supported and I doubt anything on the market today would be compatible.

Back