Can you install windows 10 and keep all your programs ?

Comixbooks

Fully [H]
I'm wondering about the options they have for install weather Clean is the way to go or just save your files which is usually useless in most situations.

There is an upgrade option, it also has options to pick and choose what to keep. I've done both a clean install and the upgrade. I didn't have any issues with either one. If anything the upgrade was nice because everything was essentially the same except in windows 10.

Nice to know thanks I know the built in features in Windows 8.1 allow for keeping files but it's not what you think =)

I had every Windows OS since 95 except for Vista

I used to dual-boot 8.1 and 7. I wasn't using 7 much, so I upgraded that install to 10 beta. The upgrade went flawless, all my files and programs were retained. Even the dual-boot config was unaffected.

Upgrading since Vista or so isn't really all that bad, nothing like it was during the XP era or even worse the 9x era.

I had to call Dell for a Floppy Disk because I had no idea how to re-install windows 95...

I used to dual-boot 8.1 and 7. I wasn't using 7 much, so I upgraded that install to 10 beta. The upgrade went flawless, all my files and programs were retained. Even the dual-boot config was unaffected.

Upgrading since Vista or so isn't really all that bad, nothing like it was during the XP era or even worse the 9x era.

That is Nice to know amazing.....a lot of people will upgrade because of that if they know their programs will remains the same. I know a Clean install is usually best but maybe they worked around that problem since there isn't going to be a Hard Copy of Windows 10

I would like to see the day when the upgrade didn't affect my linux dual boot.

I wonder what would happen if you just took the files from the 64bit distro and threw them over the 32bit versions files...

For some reason the helpdesk installed my work laptop with 32bit and it would be nice if I could get it to 64bit without reimaging.

Just for reference, some applications will not work in Win10 yet. So if you're planning on doing the tech preview, keep that in mind.

Things like VirtualBox and Sandboxie were the last ones I tried. Not supported ATM.

Back