Can you install a Wireless connection from computer to printer w/o a Wireless Router

I know you can use Connectify Pro to share a wireless carrier's connection over wifi, but I'm not sure about the printer aspect. Definately if the printer is able to be assigned an IP address, or maybe if it's plugged into a computer on the network, and you then share it. It's worth checking.

Requires Windows 7. You didn't say what OS this was.

You may be able to print via ad hoc mode depending on the printer, that's when two devices connect to each other directly without a wireless router or traditional wireless network. It won't be done via the LTE device, does the laptop have it's a traditional wireless card?

She's running win 7 home Premium. We have no problem using a USB cable to connect the printer, but she prefer the printer in another corner of the room, that's why I post.

I am no expert on ad hoc, that printer is a Brother printer, it says Wi Fi, I don't know how it can connect otherwise other than wi fi

Most printers can be setup for AdHoc mode. Look at the Printer's wireless settings.

Back