Can you Ghost or Image Raid's?

XBarbarian

[H]ard|Gawd
Hey Guys,

I'll do some research, but I thought I would throw it out here as well

Just ordered a new Maingear F131 with dual Raptors, raid 0.

I use various versions of Enterprise Ghost every day at work, but of course the general office users etc I support don't have raid stripes, let alone SATA raids.

Anyone know of a version or another tool to Image raids?

Every time i build a system at home, I keep telling myself, this time, I'm gonna make a freaking image, so it will be easy to restore, but never get around to it. This time I decided to just buy a boutique rig, and I definitely want to Image it, especially since once Vista goes live, I'll want to format and fresh install it, be nice to be able to quick back to my XP setup.

Thanks for any input. Peace.

if it's from a boutique did you check to see if they give you a dvd image of it?

i'm curious to know what proggy's do this as well

Yea..Maingear said the software they use doesn't. But checking around, supposedly, Acronis Drive image does, and actually ghost will..but researching for more.

Was hoping someone had experience with it here

Never used Acronis on a raid but use it for normal single drive setups as I've found it to work better and faster then ghost. Have tried to use Ghost in the past on raids with very bad results(had it stop a few from booting when I was trying to make an image). My advise is to try it only if you don't have anything important on the machine.

I have an old version of norton ghost (2001 ish) that came with my epox kt333 mobo back in the day and it works perfectly on my current sata raid-o striped array through the nforce3 raid controller.

Just boot off a win98 CD into a command prompt and run the single ghost.exe. Dead easy and works perfectly.

Ghost works perfectly for RAID setups, if used properly. Don't install it as a Windows app. If you use Ghost in the corporate environment, you already knew this. :D

Back