Can you capture video with an x800pro VIVO?

newster

Gawd
I know this is kind of a noob question, but I need a way to capture video onto my computer with an S-Video or Composite input. I currently capture and edit using a firewire port, but most people I know don't have anything that can output to that. So a few simple questions:

If yes, then should I buy an x800 pro VIVO or 9800 pro All-in-wonder (I only care about video capture, not about having a multimedia center)?

Which brand of the card you recommend and why?

Thanks in advance!

newster said:
I know this is kind of a noob question, but I need a way to capture video onto my computer with an S-Video or Composite input. I currently capture and edit using a firewire port, but most people I know don't have anything that can output to that. So a few simple questions:

If yes, then should I buy an x800 pro VIVO or 9800 pro All-in-wonder (I only care about video capture, not about having a multimedia center)?

Thanks in advance!

Yes, you can. Thats the function of the rage theatre chip. As for which one, I think the gigabyte's have given me the easiest time in regards to making them an XT PE. It also has a decent software bundle.

A related question: Can a VIVO model be used to convert my monitor into a TV for PS2/XBOX usage?

newster said:

The X800 VIVO doesnt have a tv tuner like the AIW does. thats is all.

Back