Can You Animate In Adobe Photoshop?

FF FReak

n00b
Ok, i wanted to change a .mov file into a .gif file, and my friend told me it was a complete pain in the a$$, but whatever, i have time to spare.
i was wondering if you can animate in adobe photoshop
if so, how can you do it?
it would be nice if you listed the steps because i'm a complete newbie in photoshop
i just got photoshop cs about 3 months ago and havent learned much
thanks

You can make animated .gif's with ImageReady (installs with Photoshop)...it works frame by frame. The only way I could see doing it? Make a screen capture for each frame and cut out the portion with the movie in it...other than that, I really don't know how you could do it.

Not to flame or anything, but if you were a complete "noob" as you put it, to Photoshop, why would you spend the $500 odd on a license? :p

The Donut said:
Not to flame or anything, but if you were a complete "noob" as you put it, to Photoshop, why would you spend the $500 odd on a license? :p

That sir, is the most retarded question Ive ever heard...

Do you honestly think he bought it?

You can create animated GIFs in Photoshop CS2 without Imageready; the Animation palette is one of its new features.

Googling for ".mov to .gif" came up with this as the first result, but it's shareware. Not sure of a free way to do it without doing it frame by frame.

Back