• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

Can Xeons run in single mode?

danimal

Gawd
Joined
Jun 4, 2002
Messages
844
I want to run a dual xeon setup but at the moment I can only afford one. Can they be run in single mode?
 
it depends on the board, check the mobo manual but i thought most dual processor boards were able to run on only one processor
 
Most should work with only one. Check the manual, but usually you have to put it in Socket 0
 
My Socket 604 Xeon board has two sockets. Currently, I'm running on only one processor, and the board works perfectly fine.
 
My dual Xeon board doesn't need a terminator, it worked fine in single mode for all 5 minutes I ran it that way :)
 
Yea should able to run it with out using 2 precessor, but to make sure ask before buying and read the manual for the motherboard.
 
Back
Top