Can video card errors effect Prime95 (Blend)?

supastar1568

Limp Gawd
hey all,

Quick question. I decided to try to install the catalyst 9 drivers, with no such luck. I received an error message saying the the hardware was not properly installed. I restarted my computer, and the message went away so I just moved on.

I randomly decided to run Prime95 Blend test to look for any degradation of my system. Previously, I ran small fft for 24 hours, blend 24 hours, and memtest 12 hours, each one passed. This time I failed blend after 1 hour.

To double check my CPU and memory, I did not change my settings at all, and have passed Small FFT for 20 hours, and now memtest for 12 hours. Memory and CPU are good to go and confirm my past overclocks.

Could a bad installation of video card drivers cause Blend test to fail? I seem to be passing everything else multiple times. Every since I had that video card error message I can't get Blend to pass. It says "hardware" error, but doesn't say what.

I gave my best attempt to nuke the previous drivers, as I always do. This time though, I still got the same error message when I start the Catalyst Control Center.

But anyways, could a video card error cause Prime blend to fail? I just want to make sure that it is not my CPU or memory, even though I have managed to thoroughly pass various stress tests.

I suspect PSU might have aged too much or developed a fault.
ie it can no longer supply enough power or the power is unstable.

Back