Can someone post a pic of an Antec ATX plug?

johnson

Weaksauce
With all the wires in the right place? I wrote it all down but missed one somehow. I didnt find out till I tried to put it all back. This PSU has a double orange and double red at the ends. TIA.

ps, sleeving the power cable was a PIA.

johnson said:
With all the wires in the right place? I wrote it all down but missed one somehow. I didnt find out till I tried to put it all back. This PSU has a double orange and double red at the ends. TIA.

ps, sleeving the power cable was a PIA.
TIA = Thanks In Advance ? :confused:
PIA = Pain In Ass ?

As if we don't have enough acronyms to memorize.

Electrically, no, all black wires are at about the same potential, so no damage would result if you matched any black to any black. Still, it might be annoying if you connect the wrong black to the wrong black in a way that twists the cable. That would be my only concern.

Yeah, I plan to pull the sleeving off (it was messy anyway) and re-do it.

Well, I went home and re-did the sleeving and all the colors seem right. After all the pins were plugged in, I thought it would look better if i pulled all the slack from the sleeving and trim it a little. On the second cut, I accidently snipped the grey wire :(. Have to get a soldering iron and re-attach that wire. Ill probably cut the SATA power cable too since the end dont come off, unless someone knows a way?

No, the connector was probably sealed at the factory in a non-reversible fashion. You can buy third-party connectors that are removable, though.

Back