Can someone please help me with this problem?

Zidoas

[H]ard|Gawd
Hey guys, I'm not sure if this goes here but it seems like this is the only section in the forums that it should belong to...

Problem:

Ok so I bought an INK Refill Kit for my X7170 in my office. I've refilled the black ink cartridge but it still gives me the LOW BLACK INK Level warning??? When I hold up the black ink cartridge, I know it's refilled because it's alot heavier than when it wasn't refilled. I followed the instruciton that came with the kit. Can someone please tell me what is going on?

Thank you all in advacne

Zidoas said:
Hey guys, I'm not sure if this goes here but it seems like this is the only section in the forums that it should belong to...

Problem:

Ok so I bought an INK Refill Kit for my X7170 in my office. I've refilled the black ink cartridge but it still gives me the LOW BLACK INK Level warning??? When I hold up the black ink cartridge, I know it's refilled because it's alot heavier than when it wasn't refilled. I followed the instruciton that came with the kit. Can someone please tell me what is going on?

Thank you all in advacne

Ah, my uncle had this same problem.

What it is, is that the Lexmark printer cartridges have something special that communicates with the printer itself to tell the printer how much ink is in the cartridge.

The only way to fix this, that I know of, is to actually buy a new cartridge FROM LEXMARK (an offical one), which fits your printer.

My uncle tried a refilling kit, where you injekt the cartridge with ink........... it did'nt work out too good. the ink looked horrible, and his printer kept reading low ink.

~Hope this helps

thank you all for the responses.

I've tried shaking the cartridge after the refill and it is still reading low ink level :(

Towert:

Do you know if I can just ignore the low ink level? Will the cartridge continues to print even though the printer is reading the ink level to be low?

Any other help would be greatly appreciated.

Many thanks in advance,
Steven

If you are using the software that came with the printer, it will continue to read "low ink", but yes, you can continue to use the cartridge. You should try to print out a test page though, because The ink quality might be very diffrent from what the Offical Lexmark cartridges produces.

~Hope this helps

Back