• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

Can someone help me setup the P4C800-E bios?

SilentButDeadly

Limp Gawd
Joined
Dec 24, 2003
Messages
407
Alright this is my first computer, and I want to state a problem I am having real quick. For some reason whenever I am like exiting out of a game or something to that effect...my computer usually crashes...Now it doesn't happen everytime, but it sure does happen often, so now I am thinking the problem could be in the bios. I have good quality hardware:

A P4C800-E Deluxe Mobo, P4 2.4c with SL6Z3 stepping, 1 gig of Mushkin Level II pc3500 BH-5 chips, Thermaltake V2000A Case (With fan controller that doesn't seem to control the fans. Don't know why, but doesn't seem to work right...), a 480w Thermaltake Powersupply, an Audigy 5.1 Sound Card, and a VisionTek Radeon 9800 pro 256mb.

I have did some AI Overclocking, but don't know how to do it manual. Also overclocking the memory is very confusing. I think that these bios are weird or something. ***Oh and I don't think my processor is unlocked...could that effect anything when trying to Overclock?*** Anyways right now everything in bios is set to Auto with a few things that I knew could be changed. I am also ordering a SP-94, Articsilver5, Thermaltake Smartfan II, and Thermaltake Keyboard and mouse A.S.A.P. I know that stuff is dying to be overclocked, and what I am asking is for someone that has this motherboard maybe help me out with setting this stuff up. If no one wants to do that I would also like to read something on setting up this on the web. If anyone knows of a good link or something that I could use then please tell me. Thanks!

Seth
 
Also the bios and everything were already setup for me 1014 bios. Since it was used on another computer could that be why my computer is messing up a little bit. I use a brand new 160gb seagate sata harddrive, but it also shows up as the third drive...primary, secondary, then the third drive whatever it is. I forgot and I am not at home right now to look to see.
 
Reading your post is giving me a massive headache. You said the drive was from another PC....is it your system drive, or just a storage drive? If it's a system drive, it should have been formatted and had the OS installed fresh on a new machine. If your PC is crashing when you close out games, it will have nothing to do with the BIOS.
 
Oh I see. Well it is my system drive. I don't know why my game crashes when I am exiting out then...Any suggestions?
 
Originally posted by SilentButDeadly
Oh I see. Well it is my system drive. I don't know why my game crashes when I am exiting out then...Any suggestions?

As mentioned earlier, did you install a fresh copy of your OS or are you using a previous version?

If so, this is what I recommend: Go into your BIOS, put everything back into stock settings and then reformat and reinstall your OS.

Also, your processor is 99.999% likely to be locked. Just because you're able to view and even manipulate the multiplier setting in the BIOS does not mean that it actually takes affect. Unless you have an engineering sample (extremely unlikey -- impossible infact if you bought it retail), you cannot change the multiplier.
 
I have that board everything shoud be set to manual it works best that way. Turn off AI it sucks. Go to manual on your memory timings. the I875 does not read spd on memory correctly your running timings that are so conserviitve its too funny.


You need to do your homework on overclcoking you are a novice and should not play until you understand all of your hardware relationships including dividers and fsb as it relates to Cpu multiplyer , etc. Good luck
 
PS when i said turn off AI I meant go to default stay away from 10% 20% crap. Have turbo on and set pat to enabled.
 
I Have 2 of these MB's and neither one liked to run stable with stock settings in bios. I had to manually set the memory timings and then the cpu frequency becuase it loaded by default at half the rated cpu speed.
 
Yes it runs much more stable with manual settings. The auto on the memory timings is all wrong. The I875 does not read the spd on the dims correctly and you end up with shitty timeings
'

Corsair xms 3200LL I run 2-3-2-6 perfectly thats my recommendation.

Your running Mushkin 3500 so you could handle 232-6 easlily at ddr400 in fact 2-2-2-6 more than likely

Start there then once your stable and have done your homework regarding ratios/dividers and fsb , your mushkin should do 460 easlly wth minimal voltage increases.

Look up a guy named computerpro 3 has that memory and is achieveing remarkable overclocks with it
 
Back
Top