Can same "upgrade from CD" for 3 diff. windows XP upgrade CDs on 3 computers be used?

Ramificatio

Limp Gawd
Is it possible to use the same original "upgrade from CD" for 3 different Windows XP upgrade CDs on 3 different computers w/ out any licensing or genuine microsoft software validation problems? As far as I know all CDs are identical and does not store any keys/serial numbers etc. I was going to use a Windows 2000 OEM CD for this. Would it even need to be an original/valid OEM CD?

Ramificatio said:
Is it possible to use the same original "upgrade from CD" for 3 different Windows XP upgrade CDs on 3 different computers w/ out any licensing or genuine microsoft software validation problems? As far as I know all CDs are identical and does not store any keys/serial numbers etc. I was going to use a Windows 2000 OEM CD for this. Would it even need to be an original/valid OEM CD?

If I understand..

You want to install the OS, from the same disk, on 3 different machines?

If so, Yes...you can do it...as long as you have 3 seperate valid keys to use on each machine.

No. Sorry, I can't explain better. I'll try again.

If one would have 3 different Windows XP Home upgrade CDs to install on 3 different computers.

And one Windows 2000 OEM CD to use as the "upgrade from CD" (when it asks for it during clean installation) for all 3 different Windows XP Home upgrade installations and computers.

Would the 3 Different Windows XP Home installtions have a valid genuin license? As I know there is no license key or serial stored on the any windows CD so shouldn't it work?

Ramificatio said:
No. Sorry, I can't explain better. I'll try again.

If one would have 3 different Windows XP Home upgrade CDs to install on 3 different computers.

And one Windows 2000 OEM CD to use as the "upgrade from CD" (when it asks for it during clean installation) for all 3 different Windows XP Home upgrade installations and computers.

Would the 3 Different Windows XP Home installtions have a valid genuin license? As I know there is no license key or serial stored on the any windows CD so shouldn't it work?

According to the EULA on performing upgrades, you should have a prior OS for *each* computer when doing the upgrade. Using the same OEM CD to validate the upgrade on all 3 machines is a violation of the EULA.

However what you can do and what you should do are entirely up to you. ;)

Back