• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

Can PSU handle upgrade?

Actuary

2[H]4U
Joined
Feb 8, 2005
Messages
2,468
So, I'm planning on upgrading at some point over the summer and would like to know if you guys think the PSU will be able to run it all stable.

Right now I'm using a Fortron 500W PSU:
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.asp?Item=N82E16817104934

Current System Specs:
AMD 64 Venice 3200+ @ 2.45gHz cooled by a xp-90 with 92mm fan
DFI Lanparty NF4 Ultra-D mobo
1 gb crucial value ram
ati x800xl
SB Audigy 2 ZS
Seagate 7200.7 Sata 200gb HD
Seagate 7200/8 Sata 250gb HD
80mm case fan
120mm case fan

Planned Upgrades:
Add an additional 1gb crucial value ram
Add an additional 250gb Sata HD
Upgrade my x800xl to a 7900gt

So, what are everyone's opinions? Will my 500W Fortron PSU be able to handle all the upgrades? I'll list the final System specs below after upgrades for your convenience.

Final Setup:
AMD 64 Venice 3200+ @ 2.45gHz cooled by a xp-90 with 92mm fan
DFI Lanparty NF4 Ultra-D mobo
2 gb crucial value ram
EVGA Nvidia 7900gt
SB Audigy 2 ZS
Seagate 7200.7 Sata 200gb HD
Seagate 7200.8 Sata 250gb HD
Seagate 7200.8 Sata 250gb HD or WD 3200KS 320gb Sata HD
80mm case fan
120mm case fan
 
fortron 500w? should be no problem ..

u tried a psu calculator? google it

mal
 
I tried the one linked from the forums, but nothing loaded. Page is down or something.

Tried a couple of various online ones, all came up at about 350W necessary, so I think I'm ok. :D

Any other comments?
 
Back
Top