• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

Can Notebook harddrives be upgraded?

  • Thread starter Deleted member 79192
  • Start date
D

Deleted member 79192

Guest
I can't seem to find notebook-specific harddrives in computer stores, and regular harddrives appear far too "fat" for notebooks. I also don't wish to have to use an external harddrive as my notebook is meant to be portable, so I ask this:

Can Notebook internal hard drives be upgraded?
 
yes, they can .

I believe you are looking for a 2.5" hard drive (sometimes referred to as mobile hard drives).

Linkage:

http://www.newegg.com/app/ViewProduct.asp?submit=list&catalog=380&DEPA=0

Remember, the faster the rpm and more cache, the better (I believe the fastest laptop drives nowadays are 5400rpm 16mb cache).

You'll be hard pressed to find laptop harddrives for sale at a normal computer store, I think Fry's is the only store I've been to that sells actual 2.5 hdds individually.

Also, be warned, laptop hard drives cost more than their desktop counterparts.
 
Yes, I know all about capacity, cache, RPM, seek times, transfer rates, and all that kinda stuff. I just wasn't sure exactly what I was looking for that'd be compatible with a slim notebook. Thanks for the reply, I'm checking it out as we speak.
 
Back
Top