• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

can moving a hard disk when its writing physically damage the disk?

edliu512

Weaksauce
Joined
Dec 2, 2004
Messages
102
I have been using my 160G maxtor drive in an external enclosure, I moved my drive while it was doing a write operation, and then it somehow broke the write operation and the drive has errors on it when i tried to do defrag or scan disk. However after I reformat the drive everything works fine again. I was wondering if moving the hard disk while it was writing physically damaged the drive or was it completely fixed with reformating?
 
did you run the low-level scan utility that your manufacturer provided? That can determine if there currently is damage. If that comes back ok, there is a good chance that your drive will be ok, at least for a while.
 
Back
Top