Can I use the Bluetooth recievers that come with wireless keyboards for something els

Headbust

[H]ard|Gawd
else??..

Im in need of a usb bluetooth dongle, but was thinking if i spend another $30 or so i could get in on one of hte deals on the wireless keyboards right now, Can those recievers be used as a general bluetooth receiver or will they only work with the keyboard/mouse there sold with

Headbust said:
else??..

Im in need of a usb bluetooth dongle, but was thinking if i spend another $30 or so i could get in on one of hte deals on the wireless keyboards right now, Can those recievers be used as a general bluetooth receiver or will they only work with the keyboard/mouse there sold with

It depends on the manufacturer. Logitech Bluetooth keyboard/mice sets come with special Bluetooth stack software that allows you to use other Bluetooth devices with it. Without the stack software, it only works with the keyboard and mouse…

Logitech's dongle seems to be very low power. I had to replace every one of them with a class-1 transmitter, even for those used in the 5-10 foot range. I suspect it of being a class-3 device, though I can't find any proof either way.

In short -- Logitech's has many flaws. :)

Back