Can I upgrade notebook

x y u

Limp Gawd
Hi, i just bought a Toshiba A15 notebook for like 600 dollars at Best Buy. I needed something for school but i'd also like to play games on it. Mostly final fanstasy xi. I go to run it and i get "Can't support hardware TnL" so i had to go to some german page and download a program called "3danalyzer" which emulated it. This all works fine and all but is there anyway that i can upgrade the video card in the laptop? I'd like a Nvidia Go or ATI's mobile vid put in if i can. I went to newegg and pricewatch and did some searching but they only bring up complete laptops for sale.

So is it even possible to throw in a vid card in a lap top. I'm sure this probably has been discussed at length but i cant' find a link and i've looked for a while now. Thanks ^^

Nope. The only ones that support upgradable video cards are some from Dell and Sager, and even then only within the company. You're SOL otherwise, there is no AGP/PCI slot in there.

You've most likely got Intel Integrated Extreme graphics, which is an i740 on crack. Old, slow. Sorry.

. The only ones that support upgradable video cards are some from Dell and Sager

Alienware and Voodoo PC also have upgradeable video cards on thier labtops

Originally posted by Sc0rched
Alienware and Voodoo PC also have upgradeable video cards on thier labtops

Like I said :p Sagers have replacable video cards. ;)

Back