• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

Can I turn it off? (External HDD question)

CANiSLAYu

Supreme [H]ardness
Joined
Mar 13, 2000
Messages
6,667
I have this external HDD enclosure with a Seagate 120GB 8MB drive and just set it up today. There's a power on/off switch on it. I'm just wondering like if I'm going to bed or something and I leave my computer on, but want to turn the drive off can I just flip the switch without damaging anything? Or do I have to take another step before flipping the switch? TIA.
 
i usually just hit the switch... just make sure that nothing is getting transfered, and it should be just fine
 
in windows xp in the system tray (arrea on the bottom right)
there should be a icon that looks like a green arrow
right click on it and pick "safely remove hardware"
and it will let you disconect the HD safely
 
Back
Top