Can I simply rotate it?

Alvein

Limp Gawd
Joined
Dec 22, 2004
Messages
223
Hi,

This could sound stupid, but I wonder if my LCD monitor could be damaged in any way if I rotate it 90 degrees. I know some LCDs have a rotation axis, but mine is a normal one.


10x.
 
I wouldn't be doing that unless it was using some kind of desk or wall mount. With my luck it would fall off the desk
 
If your LCD isn't designed to rotate, how would you rotate twhat you see on the screen? Most LCDs that can rotate also include software that allows the picture to be rotated as well.
 
I know nvidia drivers allow you to choose the orientation of the screen
 
Thanx for your replies. Ok. I guess we need a bit of clarification here. I don't plan to rotate and leave it lying on its side....no! the monitor could fall. Only imagine I manage myself to give it a nice mount or something alike. On the other side, what I want to do is to play vertical arcade games at full-screen :p. That's all (no drivers, firmware, etc.).

My question was about if is there any difference (hardware. Not the furniture, but the LCD/circuitry itself) between a rotating LCD and a fixed one....could I damage my monitor if I simply rotate it 90 degrees....etc.


10x.
 
He wants to rotate it 90 degrees upward and mount it on his ceiling or on the gound. for pong and old classic arcade games. great idea, but I'm not sure its possible.... try looking for a mount for an acryllic panel and make it into a stand.
 
No, I'm pretty sure he wants to rotate it to the right (or left). He needs to change his aspect ratio from 4:3 to 3:4.

I'm doubtful it would do any damage. Give it a shot and be mindful of differences (change in picture, backlight, generation of heat, etc...)

But I don't have a definitive answer.
 
Back
Top