Can I safely get this OC stable?

johnnyrebel87

Limp Gawd
Joined
Feb 12, 2009
Messages
187
2ndoc.jpg


It ran thru the AOD stability for awhile, and then when I started L4D it BSOD. I took this picture after the AOD test. I will be screwed if I mess this up, and it would be 2 months before I could get another cpu. I should have taken a picture during the test, but it only got up to 45C on 100 percent load in the stability test on 3.6, so I'm not worried about that, it stayed around 42 most of the time!

Here's what I ran playing all my games last night, and 30 minutes of AOD test.
firstoc.jpg

It's 100 percent stable at that speed. I am running at 3.0 right now tho. How should I go about getting it stable higher than 3.4? This is my first OC, as I've always had shelf bought pc's with locked bios until now. Any help would be appreciated.
Thanks,
Ian
 
Also, is there a way to turn my cpu fan up to keep it cooler? It's a artic freezer pro 64

edit: I just tried 3.6 again, bumped up my voltage to 1.365 and it only got up to 39C which suprised me, but got another BSOD after about 30 seconds into the stability test.
 
try bumping the voltage to 1.40v and see what happens.. as far as i know there is no way to change the fan speeds except in the bios under the health sensor(might be a different name but usually says health something) changing when the fan turns off and when it turns on just set the full on to the lowest setting possible.. thats the only way you can change it.. otherwise its always on at full speed..

your temps are well within spec so bumping the voltage up higher isnt going to hurt.. especially your full load temps.. if they stay under 70C your golden..
 
Wow, I thought I had to stay under about 50C. That's good to know, so I have some room for heat. Thanks man, I'll try that tonight probably!
 
I got it stable at 3.6 with 1.4 volts...and ran thru 30 minutes of the AOD stability test. Then when I started TF2 it had horizontal lines flashing across the screen, and there was static coming thru my headphones.
 
make sure you have your PCI locks in place.

Try 1.45v assuming your temps are in order. AMD's like high voltage, and are safe up to 1.5v on air i believe. Just make sure your temps dont exceed 70c under full load.
 
I'll check that. I don't know how to find the pci locks, but I'll look tonight. Thanks, I couldn't find anything on why I would be having those lines across the screen flickering. Temps never got over 45c during the stability test, so I'll try a little more voltage.
 
I will be screwed if I mess this up, and it would be 2 months before I could get another cpu.

I would suggest only moderate overclocks then. Only overclock what you CAN afford to loose. The difference isn't going to be that much anyway for most things.
 
Back
Top