• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

Can I run two 6970's?

I'd go with a bigger PSU first. It can probably handle it but depending on how long your gaming sessions were, you'd be abusing the PSU pretty hard a lot of the time.
 
yeah, this would be for gaming. on weekends, they can last 4hrs at the most in a single session, but easily 1-2hrs.

I used the PSU calc: http://hardforum.com/showthread.php?t=1643188 and it said 600w.

Do not overclock the cards that much and it will work, a cool ambient with proper case ventilation will allow the PSU to not incinerate itself..

If I were you I'd put the cards @ 900Mhz and undervolt them to the minimum stable value.
 
I generally don't like maxing out my power supply. I try to keep it where they don't normally run at more than 80-85% of their total output capacity. They tend to run a little cooler and should last a bit longer that way.
 
Back
Top