Can I replace an A8N-SLI Premium with a Deluxe without reformat/repair install??

Nobi125

[H]ard|Gawd
My Premium died a few days ago and I was wondering if it is similar enough to the Deluxe for me to simply install it and not have any issues. This is essentially going to be a stopgap fix until I RMA my Premium to Asus or save some money to overhaul my rig.

I believe it should work given they both use the same chipset with minor differences.and that i went the other way when my sli deluxe died without a reinstall.

I believe it should work given they both use the same chipset with minor differences.and that i went the other way when my sli deluxe died without a reinstall.

I had a feeling there would be someone on here that went the other way. :)

If you really want to be safe do a reseal on the OS. MS has a tool called Sysprep that will allow you to seal the os so it will redetect the hardware on next boot.

If you really want to be safe do a reseal on the OS. MS has a tool called Sysprep that will allow you to seal the os so it will redetect the hardware on next boot.

Thanks.

Just curious, would having the os redetect the hardware allow the Windows installation to function with a completely different motherboard and cpu? I may just upgrade.

If it makes you feel any better my install has been through a ULI1695 chipset board, to an NF4 board, then to a 790X board, then back to an NF4 board. Usually it requires a repair (After a while though my install stopped caring lol and now works without repairs).

If it makes you feel any better my install has been through a ULI1695 chipset board, to an NF4 board, then to a 790X board, then back to an NF4 board.
:)

I ended up buying a new mobo, ram, and cpu instead of just replacing my motherboard.

Hopefully things will go smoothly.

I did a A8N-SLI to A8N-SLI Deluxe with no format a while back....I even plugged my usb devices back in the same order so it wouldn't reassign things.:D

Back