Can I rename an Apple Wireless Keyboard Model # A1314 Without a Mac?

Format _C:

2[H]4U
Like the title states I got an used bluetooth Apple Wireless Keyboard #A1314 (At Green Mountain Habitat For Humanity Restore, they had a big pile of them so I'm pretty sure a company upgraded and donated them so not stolen LoL!) but I don't have a Mac handy right now but is there anyway to change the name it shows up as back to default without a Mac?

I'm talking about what the actual device name is shown as in the pairing and connected devices screen (as shown in the screen shot below) in Windows 10 and even on my Android phone a Google Pixel 6 Pro

Attachments

• Bluetooth_Devices.jpg
    Bluetooth_Devices.jpg
    29.9 KB · Views: 0
EDIT: I'm a dumbass. You specifically stated "Without a Mac"

Can definitely do it on a Mac. I don't have a windows box nearby to check.

Screen Shot 2022-06-29 at 11.05.21 AM.png

Try going into Devices and Printers, then right-clicking and choosing Properties from the popup. I can change the name of my phone that way, but I don't have a BT keyboard handy to try.

I don't have a windows box nearby to check.

I'm the opposite I don't have a Mac nearby but I do have a friend who has an older Mac that he said I can use to change the name back to the default

Pretty sure you're just gonna have to be known as french Will now.

I hope not LoL!

Try going into Devices and Printers, then right-clicking and choosing Properties from the popup. I can change the name of my phone that way, but I don't have a BT keyboard handy to try.

I'll try this but somehow I don't think that is going to work knowing Apple LoL! I'll just have to use my friends Mac for like 5 minutes.

Back